History and Overview
Flair Molded Plastics, Inc. was incorporated in 1971 at 1800 Lynch Road, operating with six molding machines in 12,000 sq. ft. Flair is a privately owned corporation. The president, James Peters, is one of the principles.
In the early years, Flair's primary customer was IBM, for whom Flair molded office product components for typewriters. We worked very closely with IBM engineers to successfully develop and mold a product that satisfied the customer and helped develop our organization. This same desire to help and serve our customer is the cornerstone of our sales philosophy.
In 1985, Flair expanded to an 18 machine operation with 34,000 sq. ft. We increased the product line and customer base and added a Finishing Department to perform silk screening, hot stamping and sub-assembly work.
In 1988, Flair moved its operation to 2521 Lynch Road, expanding to 30 molding machines, with a total of 91,000 sq. ft., including warehouse and manufacturing space.
Now, Flair is expanding again. We have added 20,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing floor space with a overhead hoist.
Automation: We have added seven Robots and two pickers to our process in
order to optimize our productivity.